Helping your Clients manage their Bills
First, what exactly are Bills?
Bills include expenses of the company that has yet to be paid. They typically include items such as Rent, Utility, Supplier Bills etc.
There are 2 ways to submit Bills
- Submit by uploading documents to the Client Portal
- Email the invoice/receipt to client-facing email for Bills
1. Head over to the ‘Bills’ module in your portal and click the ‘+’ icon to add a Bill.
2. Select Bill or Invoice to upload
3. Once you upload the Bill, you should get a friendly confirmation, as seen in the green dialogue box below.
The invoice will be processed and reflected in the portal within 1-2 working days, allowing time for the invoice to be processed.
If the Bill needs to be charged back to a customer (recoverable expense), your Client can assign the invoice to a customer contact, which needs to be created in Xero beforehand.
5. The Authoriser can approve Bills once they have been processed.
6. Bank authorised personnel in your firm can to log into the relevant bank accounts and make the necessary payments.
7. Update the bank accounts used to pay the expenses.
If you cannot see the payment method you would like, these can be adjusted or added into Xero.
8. Once the expenses have been paid by Clients and updated on their portal, the paid details will be updated in Xero.
The Bills under ‘Awaiting Payment’ will move into ‘History’ on the Client Portal.
1. You can email the invoice(s) / receipt(s) to the client-facing email of the entity. Email addresses can be found under the user’s profile on the Client Portal.
Please email the receipts to the relevant email address. Bills should be emailed to the Bills email address.