Last updated: October 2020
Because Zave is a hosted Software-as-a-service product, we recognise that security is crucial. This page outlines our security and backup policies.
ZAVE DOES NOT STORE CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
Our system integrates with Stripe, which is a PCI compliant payment processor. When entering credit card information, a request is made directly to Stripe using SSL.
ACCESS TO ALL ZAVE’S SERVERS IS SECURE
- Firewalls on all servers are set to default-deny.
- Database connections are only accepted from other Zave servers on the internal private subnet.
- All communication with servers (outside of public HTTP/HTTPS access) is over encrypted secure shell (SSH) and password authentication is disabled. SSH authentication is available only via public/private key authentication.
- All of Zave’s servers are hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
ZAVE SERVERS AND SOFTWARE ARE RUNNING THE LATEST VERSIONS OF SOFTWARE AND SECURITY PATCHES
- We strive to keep all server software on the latest version; however, when that is not possible, we do ensure that the latest security patches are installed and up-to-date
ZAVE IS WRITTEN TO PROTECT AGAINST SQL INJECTION ATTACKS
Zave is built on the NodeJS platform and uses all the built-in protections for sanitising query parameters in SQL statements.
DATA IS STORED SECURELY
Data is hosted on Amazon EC2 and Amazon RDS with encryption enabled.
ACCESS TO ZAVE IS SECURE
All access to Zave is over a secure (SSL encrypted) connection.
ACCESS IS LOGGED
All activity on a company is logged and is available in the “Audit Log” maintained for each company in the system.
All employees are required to sign a confidentiality agreement. Each employee is given a separate login to the system and all page requests are logged and backed up.
Backups are stored offsite and are encrypted. Zave performs daily, weekly, and monthly backups of the entire system. These backups are made to Amazon S3 which stores data in multiple facilities and on multiple devices within each facility. Amazon S3 performs regular, systematic data integrity checks.
PII AND COOKIES
Cookies are required for normal operation of Zave however, no PII is stored in any of the cookies that Zave uses.
For more information, you can reach our Privacy Officer / Data Protector Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.